Last meeting, we announced that the election process would begin in April. Due to Aggie Muster on April 21, we have had to push up the process by a week. The schedule is below.
- Monday, March 31 — Nominations
- Monday, April 7 — Acceptance of Nominations and Speeches
- Monday, April 14 — Voting
With that said, please come tomorrow evening ready to nominate your brothers for Officer positions. Each Active member may nominate only one person per Office. Current Pledges may not run for a position in the Officer Corps. JIs may run for every position except that of President.
With our Feed My Starving Children Mobilepack event coming up on April 26, this month will be somewhat full. Below is a list of our currently scheduled events. Other events, such as mixers and brotherhood hangouts, will be added as they are finalized.
- Sunday, March 30 — Prayer/Worship Night
- Saturday, April 5 — The Bridge Ministries missions event
- Thursday, April 10 — Prayer/Worship Night
- Friday, April 11 — Tacos on Northgate fundraiser
- Saturday, April 12 — Parent and Alumni Luncheon
- Saturday, April 19 — $1000 manly-man fundraiser
- Mon–Wed, April 23–25 — Flip For Food fundraiser
- Thursday, April 24 — Music, Metaphors, and Meals
- Saturday, April 26 — FMSC Mobilepack Event
- Monday, April 28 — Initiation & End of Year Banquet
- Mon–Tue, April 28–29 — Prayer Booth
- Someday in May — Senior Prayer Night and South Asia sendoff
You can find more details for each of these events at tamukyx.com/calendar/. We will also discuss these tomorrow night during meeting.
The last thing worth mentioning is that we, as an Officer Corps, need your feedback. While we are striving our hardest to humbly walk with our Savior and be obedient to the calling he has placed upon us, we are far from perfect—I know that I make plenty of mistakes, and I have dropped the ball more times than I want to admit. Although I am free, Christ in continuing to reveal more and more sin in my life. To address this, we would like to give you the opportunity to voice your concerns and feedback in two ways.
- Please fill out the following Spring 2014 Semester Evaluation before Monday, April 7.
- If you want, please join us for an Officer Meeting on this Wednesday, April 2 to voice your opinion. We meet at 9pm. Please text Logan if you want to come. Currently, there is no limit on how many can attend. As your brothers, we WANT to hear what we can be doing better. We know we’re sinners who mess up. Come talk to us. Actives and Pledges welcome.