– Branch Out Movement: is a new organization that promotes organizations and their events. They are looking for a leadership team. Contact Gerard Richard for more information.
– Theta 5K
: is this Saturday, April 12, at 9am from the Theta House. You can sign up to run/walk/jog on campus at various sites and at this link
. Tshirts and headbands are also for sale to raise money for their philanthropy. There will be a silent auction held in the Theta House during the 5K (Johnny Manziel autographed football and a golden retriever puppy are the big ticket items).
– John Knox Ranch Summer Camp
: is a Christian summer camp outside of Wimberley TX. They are currently looking for male college students to fill counselor and upper leadership positions. John Knox Ranch Summer Camp Counselors live with 5 to 9 campers and act as friend, parent, mentor and disciplinarian to the campers. They also lead activities. 1 to 2 weeks out of the summer, a counselor may be put in a support staff role. As support staff, an individual can expect to lifeguard, help in the kitchen, and do light maintenance. In all areas, counselors help foster a climate of spiritual growth. Counselors are paired with a different co-counselor each week when a new group of campers come. The ages of campers range from 3rd-9th grade and counselors usually get a new age group each week. Counselors spend the day leading activities like canoeing, fishing, archery, sports and games, nature hikes, and swimming. Check out their website
for more information if interested.
: facilitates and hosts week long missions for churches at sites throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, and are looking for qualified, Christ-centered young adults to help us lead our trips this upcoming summer. They are paid positions and are great opportunities to gain solid work experience, be a part of missions work, lead church groups, and serve in a community for the summer. If you are interested, check our their website at www.youthworksrecruiting.com
where you can ask for more information or find an application, or you could give them a call to find out more at (877) 249-9904.
– FMSC: Here’s the link to sign up for FMSC. Make sure you advertise it to your other organizations (FLiC, Impact, Fish Camp, etc.) Tell all their friends and family because we need LOTS of people. Also, please contact your local church and ask about how we can advertise our FMSC event (bulletins, PowerPoint slide, etc.). If you have any questions, contact Ryan Jicha at 832-764-9553.
– Fundraising: Chick-fi-a Profit Share on April 10; Music, Metaphors, and Meals with Mic Check on April 24; Flip-for-Food on April 23-25 from 10am to 3pm.
– Parent’s Banquet: is this Saturday, April 12, at Living Hope Baptist Church. Please arrive around 11:30am and food will be served around noon. MAKE SURE YOUR PARENTS RSVP. Less than half the fraternity has RSVPed so far. Therefore, text/call/email your parents and ask them if they are planning on coming to the banquet and let Kevin Caldwell know.
– Pledge Party: next Thursday, April 17th, at Mount Aggie. Bring a friend of your choice! (This is a great opportunity to bring a potential pledge and introduce them to the guys of KYX)
– Retreat: if you have a KYX tent, please contact Jake Harris